SUMMER-FALL 2019 Registration is now OPEN! Click here to sign up
New Farm, new procedure (read below)
Season starts on Wednesday, June 12th.
Shares will be delivered on Wednesday evenings for 24 weeks, from June 12th through November 20th, to Room M4 of the Forest Hills Jewish Center.
Some key new features from Garden of Eve – you can customize your box (see below) and a lower-cost small box is available. And you can choose a bi-weekly share at sign up (and select the weeks A or B you want) Also, Garden of Eve will provide truck unloaders; so we no longer will need to have our volunteers do that.
Here are the basics of our shares
- 24 week season June 12 to Nov 20 (week before Thanksgiving) Pickups are Wednesday from 5-8 pm (Yom Kippur: pickup is Thursday)
- Three levels of share:”Regular” $675 ($28.13 per delivery) and “Small” $480 ($20.00 per delivery). There’s also a giant box – twice the size of regular ($50 per week; so $75 savings)
- Bi-weekly (A/B) share of regular boxes. (29.50 per week)
- Offers Summer share only (begins week of June 12th for 13 weeks)
- Members can reschedule delivery 3 times in the season (e.g. you are away July 11, and reschedule for July 18.)
- You can customize your box – Receive “what’s in the box” email on Monday, and option to go online to swap out items. (e.g. swap out kale for extra lettuce)
- Boxes at pickup arrive personalized with a name label and list of items
- Add on shares of fruit, flowers and eggs available
- 24 week fruit share (some organic, not all) June: Strawberries, July: Blueberries, Raspberries, cherries, August: Peaches, sometimes plums, apricots, nectarines, melons, September and October: Apples and Pears
- Garden of Eve handles truck unloading; we do not need to provide unloaders
- Online payment system; money collected by Garden of Eve
- Installment plan for payments available
- 10% discount to CSA members who shop at the Garden of Eve Farmer stand at the Forest Hills Farmers Market on Sunday
What do you do now?
1. Sign up for a volunteer slot at Volunteer sign up
2. Go to this link to register, scroll down and choose Forest Hills CSA, Forest Hills Jewish Center
3. Special! Sign up by April 1st and enter the coupon code foresthillscsa for a $10 early bird discount!
4. Sign up to attend our Meet the NEW Farmers day on Tuesday, March 19th at 7:00 pm at FHJC
Our CSA (like most CSAs) require our members to volunteer each season. We mainly need volunteers to staff our pick-ups on Wednesdays. we also need people with cars to pick up unclaimed shares and deliver to food pantry. We use an online sign up website. Members who do not show up to their chosen volunteer slot, and do not make it up with another slot/job may be excluded from joining the CSA for the following season. If you are unable to volunteer, we are offering a limited number of non/volunteering slots. You may choose this option on the volunteer sign up sheet. You will be billed an additional $75.
We subsidize a limited number of low-income shares. If you would like to apply for a low-income share, or if you have any other financial questions, please contact our core group at email@example.com