Season starts on Wednesday June 10th.
Shares will be delivered on Wednesdays in Forest Hills.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BOX!
Customized boxes will allow you to select preferences at sign-up and then customize each pick up based on our harvest. This will help you actually use everything in the box because you’ll love everything you are getting! On a special diet and can’t eat potatoes? Not a problem, just switch them out for a different item you prefer. Want eggs some months but not others? Not a problem, just switch them out.
Vacation planned? Need to change your dropsite? No problem. You can easily put a “hold” on your box and schedule two boxes on a different pick up date so no more missing out on those veggies you paid for.
Here are the basics of our shares
- You can customize your box – Receive “what’s in the box” email and option to go online to swap out items. (e.g. swap out kale for extra lettuce)
- Boxes at pickup arrive personalized with a name label and list of items
- Add on shares of fruit, and eggs available
Available at all Long Island and some NYC sites (not available at ALL sites)
Each week you will have the chance to “build your box”, selecting your favorites based on what’s available from our harvest. This will help you actually use everything in the box because you’ll love everything you are getting! On a special diet and can’t eat potatoes? Not a problem, just switch them out for a different item you prefer.
Vacation planned? No problem. You can easily put a “hold” on your box and use your credit on extra goodies on another week. So no more missing out on those veggies you paid for.
2020 SEASON DETAILS
Summer/Fall Shares are 24 weeks, except sunflower shares which will be 10 weeks (July 1-Sept 6).
- Wednesday pickups: begin Wed June 10, ends Wed Nov 18 (week before Thanksgiving)
Biweekly shares will get assigned A or B week and come for a “full” pickup, every other week (instead of getting half the amount, every week). If you have a preference (due to the week you start, your vacation schedule, etc. you can can state this in the “comments” box at the end of the signup checkout process.)
A/B WEEK SCHEDULE:The distribution dates for the 2020 season are:
- Wednesday, A Week: Jun 10, 24, Jul 8, 22, Aug 5, 19, Sep 2, 16,30, Oct 14, 28, Nov 11
- Wednesday, B Week: Jun 17, Jul 1, 15, 29, Aug 12, 26, Sep 9, 23, Oct 7, 21, Nov 4, 18
- Garden of Eve handles truck unloading; we do not need to provide unloaders
- Online payment system; money collected by Garden of Eve
- Installment plan for payments available
- 10% discount to CSA members who shop at the Garden of Eve Farmer stand at the Forest Hills Farmers Market on Sunday
What do you do now?
Go to this link Click here to register to register, scroll down and choose Forest Hills CSA,
VOLUNTEERING: (We are working this out for the 2020 season)
Our CSA (like most CSAs) require our members to volunteer each season. We mainly need volunteers to staff our pick-ups on Wednesdays. we also need people with cars to pick up unclaimed shares and deliver to food pantry. We use an online sign up website. Members who do not show up to their chosen volunteer slot, and do not make it up with another slot/job may be excluded from joining the CSA for the following season.